Sunday, January 9, 2011

Well hello, hello!

It is 9:18 PM and I'm hanging out with my family laughing at the idiocies of television.  It strikes me that I will miss times like these when I'm in Spain haha.  Especially the conversation being in English.  As much as I enjoy Spanish and am looking forward to immersing myself in the culture, it just won't be the same, ya know?

My checklist has shrunken quite a bit; I have some clothing left to buy, I have to set up my Power of Attorney to leave at home, and of course the actual packing left to do, but that's about it with regards to the trip.  Before I leave though, I have some research to do for insurance quotes so I can start looking into getting a car.  The part of the planning that hasn't gotten considerably smaller is the number of people that I need to visit before I leave haha!

Last semester, so many of my friends were abroad (some still are) that I figured the easiest way to catch up with everyone is to wait until their semester starts again and visit everyone at once.  I am really looking forward to going up to Eastern, but at the same time, I'm terrified because it means that I am really leaving (as if I can avoid leaving by avoiding visiting school haha) and it means that I'm leaving soon!

Hopefully I can update more about what my plans for my time in Spain are, but for now I'm just going to relish the (somewhat) clean air of the good ol' United States of America.  Good night!

d:p

2 comments:

  1. I found you and you are bookmarked!
    Thanks for sharing your life with us.

    ReplyDelete